Winters can get pretty extreme in the heart of the coldest winter months and to save ourselves from such extreme conditions we need winter jackets and parkas that can keep us warm. We have analyzed 80 winter jackets for men and 70 winter jackets for women and then out of all these jackets, we have handpicked the best 5 jackets for men and 5 best jackets for women that will help survive in the worst weather conditions. We also took into consideration the aspects such as warmth, weather resistance, comfort, style, features and durability of the jackets. After testing all these aspects we have come up with the best jackets for men and women for 2019.
1. The North Face McMurdo Parka III
This jacket has a lot to offer. It provides waterproofing, acts as a windbreaker, and is breathable. It is cheap as compared to other alternatives that offer the same specifications.
- Removable faux-fur ruff.
- Waterproof, breathable, seam-sealed DryVent 2L shell. 100% windproof fabric.
- Internal emergency gaiter built into the hood.
- Ultra-warm, weatherproof, down parka with a zip-off hood.
- Long hem.
- Bulky and has a small Hood
2. REI Co-op Stormhenge 850
This jacket has several technical features such as pit zips that help in dumping heat and also has a 2-way zipper up the front. The jacket is warm enough as compared to other jackets in this price range.
- 850-fill-power goose down is highly compressible and provides abundant warmth for its lightweight
- 2-layer waterproof, breathable nylon shell with fully sealed seams provides burly weather protection
- Down has also been treated with a durable water repellent (DWR) to help it resist water
- Bonded baffles welded to the shell eliminate cold spots
- Insulated 3-way hood adds protection and warmth
- Comes in a large variety of sized
- Offers great protection against water and snow
- Cheap as compared to other products in the market
- The zipper gets stuck sometimes.
3. Canada goose Langford parka
These jackets are the jackets that belong at the high-end spectrum and are they are extremely warm. They are well constructed and are fashionable for those that want a sleek look.
- Polyester 85%/Cotton 15%
- Original and natural fur of the coyote from Canada is used
- Removable coyote fur ruff surrounding a removable 1-way adjustable tunnel hood (vertically)
- Two high fleece-lined hand-warmer pockets
- Incredibly warm
- Many pockets
- Great insulation from cold
- Too heavy for some users
4. Arc’teryx Camosun Parka
The jacket is a bit pricy but has a lot to offer. The biggest advantage of this jacket is that it has a high-end Gore-Tex waterproof membrane that provides exceptional waterproofing.
- Down, Manmade, Nylon, Polyester
- The textiles used are waterproof, breathable and windproof that provide a safe and protected environment
- Regulating the temperature inside the garment by allowing vapors of moisture to escape.
- Clean looking
- Crinkly shell fabric
5. Haglofs Torsang Parka
Everything looks good but when the product was put to test it is not a very warm jacket. The fit is also a little funny, and the look doesn’t excite any of our testers. For the price, other jackets are just as weather resistant while offering superior warmth, comfort, or style.
- Responsible Collection: Recycled/Repurposed
- Material: [membrane/laminate] Proof (2-layer) [face fabric] 95% nylon, 5% polyester [lining] Polar Tec Classic (100% polyester)
- Insulation: 60g Quad Fusion (50% recycled polyester, 50% polyester)
- Excellent water repellency
- Quiet fabrics throughout
- Limited warmth, expensive, tight upper back, clumsy style
1. Canada goose Kensington Parka
This is a perfect knee-length jacket that is meant to fight off extreme cold temperatures with its coyote fur and also oozes style and elegance.
- Shell: 85% Polyester/15% Cotton, Lining: 100% Nylon
- Natural Coyote Fur
- Duck down-filled parka coat featuring snap-through chest pockets, flap pockets at hips, and storm placket with toggle closures
- Adjustable exterior straps
- Fleece-lined down hood with removable coyote-fur ruff
- Snap panel at the back
- Removable coyote fur
- Sleek and form-fitting
- adjustable waist
- No full zip
- Tight collar when zipped
2. Marmot Montreaux
Insulated with plush Down Defender 700 fill power down, this jacket is thicker and loftier than any other model we tested. It is not waterproof but keeps the user dry in snowy conditions.
- 100% Polyester
- Moisture-resistant Down Defender treatment on 700 fill power down keeps you warm in wet conditions
- Zip-off hood with removable synthetic fur ruff for a customizable look. Lining: 100% polyester embossed WR 1.8 ounce/yard
- Microfleece-lined zip handwarmer pocket and internal cuffs increase comfort
- Internal zippered pocket keeps accessories close, while interior drop pocket offers more storage space. Plush Fleece Lined Torso
- Insanely warm
- Removable faux-fur ruff
- Double-sided full zipper
- Not waterproof
- Somewhat feather loss
3. Patagonia Tres 3-in-1 Parka – Women’s
It has three layers that will help tackle changing weather conditions. These layers are waterproof, windproof and breathable. This parka tends to run in small sizes.
- Breathable, Waterproof and windproof
- The polyester stretch of two layers having shells with twill and durable water repellent.
- Insulated with 600-fill-power Traceable Down (duck down traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are not force-fed or live-plucked)
- 2-way full zip with storm flap secures with snaps
- Sleek waterproof and durable
- Three jackets
- Ethically sourced and cozy down
- Sleeves are short and shoulders are tight
- Uninsulated hood
- No two-way zipper on down jacket and pockets lack zippers
4. Eddie Bauer Women’s Sun Valley down Jacket
A very well rounded budget-friendly jacket. Its short length makes it practical and functional. It is form-fitting and only provides water resistance but not waterproofing.
- Shell: 100% polyester (Winter White, Cinder); 53% nylon/32% polyester/15% cotton ( Black, Dark Plum, Dark Loden)
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-Certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
- Storm Repel DWR finish sheds moisture.
- Budget-friendly and warm
- Faux fur ruff
- Runs small and has short sleeves
- No interior pocket
5. Canada Goose Camp Hooded
Very warm and comfortable. It reaches mid-thigh and is perfect for a cold environment though this jacket isn’t waterproof.
- The shell has a Basecamp 20D nylon and DWR coating
- 36 gm Periderm (20 D) 100% nylon ripstop treated with DWR
- 750 fill power Hutterite white duck down
- Brushed tricot which offers to windproof in the neck liner
- Dry clean only
- 750 fill down, 2-way zipper, sporty and sleek, windproof, warm, super comfortable, lightweight, self-packs into a pillow
- Not waterproof
- Hood doesn’t detach