Have you ever thought about the key to success? It is true that there are many recipes for success. The question is: Is there the right recipe at all, and how to know which is the right one? Some people claim that you must be born under the lucky stars and that you simply cannot achieve anything unless you are predetermined to be successful, while others claim quite the opposite.
According to many successful people, luck is indeed necessary. However, the important thing is that success contains only 1 percent of luck. Therefore, we should think about the other 99 percent. Even though it seems that the exact recipe for success doesn’t exist, there are some similarities when it comes to the numerous success stories we are exposed to. These “key features of success” or the aforementioned remaining 99 percent of success, include things such as brainstorming, organization, hard work, and perseverance.
We are all familiar with the fact that we should write our ideas and plans on a piece of paper, then prioritize and organize them, as well as with the notion that little can be achieved if we don’t put the effort into it. However, how can we remain persevered? Or in other words, how can we “maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement”?
In case you are interested in learning about this key feature of success, you are in the right place. The following list contains 30 perseverance quotes from successful people themselves.
- “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one comes from a strong will, and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan, ‘press on’ has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.” Calvin Coolidge
- “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” Criss Jami
- “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” Thomas Carlyle
- “By perseverance, the snail reached the ark.” Charles Spurgeon
- “Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” John Quincy Adams
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance.” H. Jackson Brown
- “Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.” Walter Elliot
- “History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.” B.C. Forbes
- “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to the success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” John D. Rockefeller
- “Perseverance, the secret of all triumphs.” Victor Hugo
- “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” Gary Hamel
- “It’s perseverance that’s the key. It’s persevering for long enough to achieve your potential.” Lynn Davies
- “Ninety-nine percent of all failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses.” George Washington Carver
- “Remember, it isn’t the dreamers who have good lives – it’s the doers. Remember also what I call the three Ps of success: passion, planning, and perseverance.” Homer Hickam
- “Perseverance is an active principle, and cannot continue to operate but under the influence of desire.” William Godwin
- “If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.” Flavia Weedn
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” Lady Aberdeen
- “Perseverance requires great patience.” Haresh Sippy
- “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” Samuel Johnson
- “To me, the greatest examples of perseverance come in the form of people who NEVER stop pursuing what they love, no matter what setbacks come their way.” Amr Okasha
- “Perseverance is the mother who snuggles her children when they are impatient. Keep calm, everything will be solved. Keep persisting, go ahead.” Alan Maicon
- “’Tis was known by the name of perseverance in a good cause, and of obstinacy in a bad one.“ Laurence Sterne
- “Perseverance and perspective until victory.” Lincoln Diaz-Balart
- “‘Tis a lesson you should heed. Try, try, try again. If at first you don’t succeed – try, try, try again.” William Edward Hickson
- “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” Author Unknown
- “To persevere in one’s duty and be silent, is the best answer to calumny.” George Washington
- “No one succeeds without effort… Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance.” Ramana Maharshi
- “Repetition, repetition, repetition; equals Results.” Jeanette Coron
To sum up, perseverance is one of the key features of success. It is true that it is not always easy to follow all the principles related to achieving success, but it is definitely worth it. You know what they say “If it was easy, everybody would do it.” Therefore, keep planning, organizing, working hard, but most importantly, never forget about perseverance, and you will become successful, without a doubt.