As you know, ordinary mailboxes today are empty, and rarely do people look into them. The Internet has now appeared in almost every apartment, and people are increasingly using email.
Such advertising is promising for businesses and, when used skillfully, helps you make decent money for your customers. Email is used for business and personal purposes. Almost every day we find a variety of correspondence in our electronic mailboxes: advertising messages or offers to take part in some survey. Sometimes we get really interesting information, but more often – spam, which we send without regret to the “trash”. This usually happens because the author of the mailing has forgotten about our interests and is only pursuing his own.
Incidentally, usmarketingmanagement.com is solitary of the beyond compare corporation in this field. State of the art technology is used to execute your marketing messages, newsletter, sales letters, event reminders and more.
What goals do entrepreneurs have when they send out newsletters?
- They send letters to advertise products
- To get information about the company or firm
- To invite them to an event
- To defame the competitors
In the United States, the Center for Analysis conducted a study: interviewed a large number of companies and specified their expenditures on advertising. It turned out that this figure reaches almost one and a half billion dollars. This money was spent on electronic mailing. Isn’t this amount impressive? Analysts predict that these amounts will almost double in the near future.
What are email newsletters like?
This type of message has become quite popular due to periodic mailings to subscribers or customers. Newsletters are sent to customers in the form of short messages and intriguing emails. They usually contain information about new webinars, free video courses and other news.
But the subscriber has the right to opt out of intrusive newsletters if the information is not interesting to him. So, when sending an email, think about what you wrote if you don’t want your message to be sent to the trash.
When a company wants to notify subscribers about new promotions and discounts, they use targeted letters. Usually, firms have lists that contain the addresses of loyal customers who are interested in their information.
Advantages and disadvantages of email marketing
Of course, quickness and targeting are the leading profit of email marketing. If you have an advantageously segmented purchaser base, you can correspondence targeted emails to the most fascinated component in extremely short time. On the other hand, there are a numeral of additional positives likewise:
- One of the positives of email is the ability to track the effectiveness of your correspondence.
- Email is considered the most popular means of communication on the Internet.
- The advertiser gets a guarantee that the email will be delivered to the recipient.
- The number of subscribers can always be influenced. Possibility to quickly replenish contact base to replace contacts who unsubscribe or become inactive. Natural base burnout is not a death sentence. Attracting new subscribers contributes not only to the channel’s stability, but also to its development.
- This form of email delivery is convenient and cheap.
- Quick payback period for the channel. You can assess the results of the campaign almost the next day. Yes, the message can still be read for 3 or more days, purchases can be delayed in time, but the main income can be measured as early as 24 hours after sending the message.
- The most information-rich messages. The format of the email allows you to give it an individual structure, design, put text, pictures, videos in it. This makes it an attractive, clear, informative message.
What are the disadvantages?
- Mail filters sometimes send such newsletters to spam and the email is deleted from the server.
- Some subscribers do not view the mailing list.
- Mailing lists are subject to the law and must comply with it.
- If your mailing list is no longer of interest to your customers, they can always unsubscribe.
- A subscriber can always unsubscribe from the newsletter. An unsubscribe button should be in every mailing, it should not be veiled or rendered inconspicuous.
Some features of mail
Marketers have developed a mail delivery system. This is done to ensure that mail reaches its recipients. Marketers deliberately divide mail into categories. Each represents a specific age group, hobbies, gender, and financial ability. This division ensures the maximum effect of the letters.
E-mail, like other activities, depends on legislation. In the European Union, for example, there is a directive that email accounts and their owners must be protected from having their personal information viewed by unauthorized persons. In the U.S., there is a law that punishes spamming with a fine of about $16,000 per email. Because of such laws, Western marketers strictly control the content of their mailings. They carefully filter ads to avoid being fined as a result of too much spam.
Gather a base of interested subscribers
Watch training videos to understand how newsletters are created; and gain useful experience. Read emails from successful people and analyze what your competitors think is most important. They may have a twist that makes you want to sign up for their newsletter. More often than not, people are lured in by freebies and usefulness: courses, books, and other information.
The question of what to do to keep newsletters out of spam is a big topic for several articles. But it should be dealt with at the very beginning, otherwise you can very quickly fall under the filters of mailing list agents.
- Check your email addresses. People may make mistakes when filling out the subscription form or simply enter a non-existent address. You should ask for email verification, and you should also check the validity of your entire email database from time to time with special services.
- Use email on the company’s domain name.
- Choose a reliable server for the mailing list that monitors its reputation.
- Write newsletters that do not look like spam. Anti-spam filters recognize distinctive words, an abundance of capital letters, and other signs of unwanted mailings. Don’t overdo the frequency of the mailings.
- Always add an unsubscribe option to your mailing list. Otherwise, people who don’t do so will mark emails as spam.