Web marketing is the process of marketing your products over the internet. The main goal of web marketing is increasing visits, engagements, clicks, and conversions. It is imperative that every business intending to succeed online has a working web marketing strategy.
It is no longer an optional venture for most businesses. If Google won’t force you, your position and business performance will do it. Virtual markets are competitive. What makes them simple and difficult to wade through in equal measures is that your effort ultimately pays.
Web marketing uses numbers to succeed in their ventures and customizing their strategies. Usually, you create a marketing plan around your audience. This is also applicable in this field.
Various companies and agencies have cropped up with the promise of customizing and running web marketing strategies for your businesses online. These companies stage marketing campaigns that help you to acquire the much-needed traction on your site. These agencies double up as web development service providers. You can get affordable web design services from Utopia; some even offering payment plans. Ultimately, you will want top-notch services worth your money.
Alternatively, you can follow the following steps on web marketing strategy and ramp up your business to stand the test of time online.
Step 1: Web design review
Your site designs play a crucial role in helping your website marketing strategies to succeed. Web design review seeks to ascertain that your site is ready to run successful campaigns. In literal terms, your website serves as a window through which people see and access your shop. It is extremely important to have better organization of your window for visitors.
Here is what a proper web design should look like;
- Functional and user-friendly. A user-friendly website is one that follows SEO web design principles to the latter. Such a site is free from unnecessary complexities and elements that the site would otherwise function without.
- Simple to navigate. Navigation is one of the most crucial elements a website designer needs to focus on while building the website wireframe. Without seamless navigation, your visitors will soon leave the site just after clicking.
- Speed. The typical waiting time for website visitors stands at about 44 seconds. This is according to various surveys that warn lagging websites of potential loss of customers.
- Mobile-friendly. Most internet users use mobile phones. To tap into this market, you need a web design that is compatible with mobile phones and tablets.
Step 2: Optimize for SEO
SEO principles involve exposing your website to increased views on the internet. Here is what happens;
- Technical SEO. This seeks to correct if any, errors with a crawl that may prevent the search engine from indexing your site appropriately.
- On-Page SEO. This involves making your content on the page readable and easy for the crawlers to read.
- SEO standard content. Google does not allow anything short of quality content that targets the reader and is well articulated.
- Off-Page SEO. Search engines expect inbound and outbound links from your page. This step involves promoting your site to earn these links.
- Local SEO. Your first clients have to be those in your area. If these people search for your services, they should be able to find you. The only way to do this is to have a well-optimized local SEO.
Step 3: Optimize for social media
Here, you need to add sharable links over social media platforms, including visual elements and graphics such as videos and pictures.
Step 4: Create a content marketing plan
Firstly, you need to create a sound content marketing strategy.
Content marketing and website marketing refers to one thing. Since you are promoting the content on your site; hence content marketing.
To better create a content strategy;
- Do your keyword research and find out which SEO keywords to target with your content.
- Analyze your competitor to find out what is working for your competitors.
- Analyze Google search results to find out what type of content Google wants for your target keywords; including length of content, images or video, etc.
Step 5: Promote your site’s social media contacts
You have a separate identity from that of your business’s brand. Be keen to create your social media business accounts. The most common social media platforms include Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Afterward, try increasing your social media following, and finally, create a calendar that will guide your posts on these social platforms.
Getting followers is not at all easy. However, you can get surging numbers of followers organically by using paid Ads. Google and Facebook paid Ads are the common forms you can use to gain market and enhance your social media following. Google Ads are common on Google properties such as YouTube, Chrome, and Gmail. Facebook paid Ads are most common on Facebook, Instagram, and messenger.
Step 6: Keep web content updated
This involves keeping the software and the content up-to-date. Currently, Google makes use of Accelerated Mobile Pages, AMP – a new HTML format for speed and compatibility.
Besides, you need to also keep the website content fresh and relevant to drive up site engagements. If old content does not help your ranking, then marge it with others and find space to upload original content. Use Google console to view site rankings on Google.
The bottom line
No marketing strategy is complete without proper monitoring. In the content marketing world, everything can be measured and analyzed therefore, it is crucial to have the right tools and metrics in place.
In many cases, Google Analytics is called into action. This tool has all the necessary data you need on the performance of your website. So, you need to ensure that you have Google Analytics installed on your website and properly configured.
Web/content marketing seeks to increase your site’s traffic whilst increasing the level of engagements and conversions. Google Analytics tracks all this data and readies it for you to review your site’s performance amongst billions of websites out there.
While undertaking marketing, you may notice that some topics perform better than others. Focus on those that give positive results and build your marketing around them.