Smokable hemp is made from hemp flowers that are high in CBD and low in THC, the psychoactive compound responsible for the “high” associated with cannabis. It has become a popular alternative to smoking cannabis for those seeking the potential health benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects.
In this article, we’ll explore what smokable cannabis is, the benefits of smoking it, how to smoke it, and the legal considerations surrounding its use.
What Is Smokable Hemp?
These products are crafted from the flowers of the hemp plant that are specifically grown for its high CBD content. CBD, or cannabidiol, is the most prominent non-psychoactive cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis that is believed to have a wide range of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety and inflammation. There are also many other cannabinoids present in hemp flowers that also deliver therapeutic benefits, including CBG and CBN.
While both hemp and cannabis come from the same plant species, hemp is distinguished from cannabis by its lower THC content. In the United States, hemp is defined as a plant with less than 0.3% THC, while cannabis is a plant with more than 0.3% THC. This means that legally, smokable cannabis should not get you high.
What Are The Benefits Of Smoking Cannabis?
It may offer a range of potential health benefits due to the many cannabinoids present. Some of the potential benefits of smoking cannabis include:
- Reducing Anxiety – Some research suggests that CBD may have anxiety-reducing effects and may be helpful for those with anxiety disorders.
- Reducing Inflammation – CBD has anti-inflammatory properties and may be helpful in reducing inflammation levels in the body.
- Reducing Pain – The inflammatory action of CBD has pain-relieving properties and may be helpful in reducing chronic pain and inflammation.
- Improving Sleep – Research suggests that CBD may improve sleep quality and can be helpful for those with insomnia.
- Alternative to Traditional Cigarettes- Research has found CBD can help individuals reduce their nicotine intake.
It’s important to note that research on the potential health benefits of CBD is still in its early stages, and more research is needed to fully understand its effects.
Important Things To Consider When Buying Smokable Hemp
When buying it, there are a few important things to consider, to ensure you are getting a high-quality product:
- Source – It’s important to choose a reputable source for your smokable hemp. Look for a company that is transparent about where they source their hemp and how it is grown and processed.
- Lab Testing – Look for a company that conducts third-party lab testing on their products to ensure they meet quality standards and contain the advertised amount of cannabinoids. This information should be readily available on the company’s website or packaging.
- Hemp Strain -Different strains of hemp can have different levels of CBD and THC, so it’s important to choose a strain that meets your needs and preferences. Additionally, it can be infused with various terpenes that can alter the effects.
- Dosage – Look out for the dosage of CBD in the smokable hemp you are considering. Higher dosages may be more expensive but may also provide more potent effects. It’s best to start with a low dosage and gradually increase it as needed to determine what works best for you.
- Form – It is available in various forms, including flowers, pre-rolls, and joints. Consider which form is most convenient and appealing to your needs.
- Legal Considerations – As mentioned earlier, the legal status of smokable hemp varies depending on location. It’s important to check the laws in your specific area before purchasing and using smokable cannabis to ensure you are in compliance.
How Do You Smoke Hemp?
There are several different ways to smoke it, including using pipes, cigars, and joints. Here’s a brief overview of each method:
- Pipes – Pipes and bongs are a popular way to smoke hemp flowers. They consist of a bowl, stem, and mouthpiece and are typically made from materials such as glass, wood, or metal. To smoke cannabis using a pipe, you’ll need to grind the hemp into small pieces and place it in the bowl of the pipe. Then, light the hemp and inhale through the mouthpiece.
- Cigars – Some people choose to smoke hemp in the form of cigars. Hemp cigars are typically made from hemp leaves that are rolled into a cigar shape. To smoke a cannabis cigar, you’ll need to light one end of the cigar and inhale through the other end.
- Joints – These are another popular way to smoke hemp. They consist of hemp that is rolled into a cone shape using rolling papers. To smoke a joint, you’ll need to light one end of the joint and inhale through the other end.
- Hemp Cigarettes – They are made with hemp flowers that have been filled into a cigarette-style tube with a filter. They offer a discreet smoking option and are great for those looking to use smokable cannabis to reduce their nicotine intake.
How Long Does it Take to Feel The Effects Once Smoked?
The amount of time it takes to feel the effects of smoking hemp will depend on a variety of factors, including the strength of the hemp, the method of consumption, and the individual’s metabolism. In general, the effects of smoking can be felt within a few minutes and may last for several hours.
Does It Make You High?
It will not produce the same psychoactive effects as smoking cannabis, as hemp has a much lower THC content. While some people may experience a sense of relaxation or calm after smoking hemp, it will not produce the “high” associated with cannabis.
Is it Legal?
Smokable hemp products are federally legal, as long as the product contains 0.3% or less of Delta 9 THC. Some states have put restrictions on certain hemp products. It is best to always check your local state laws prior to purchasing smokable hemp.
All in all, smokable hemp offers the potential health benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects associated with cannabis. It can be smoked using pipes, cigars, joints, cigarettes, and so much more. It’s important to carefully research the potential health benefits and risks before using smokable hemp.