Cloud computing uses the same operating concept as email, allowing users to access all features of the technology without the need to install the bulky system in their computers. Cloud technology allows businesses to store their servers and data offsite in secure data centers. According to Industry analyst IDC, it was approximated that revenue from cloud computing will surpass $200 billion by 2020, which is eight times the overall IT growth.
The growing need for cloud computing
Dell’s report shows that companies that invested in cloud computing, big data, mobility achieved up to 53% faster revenue growth when compared to others. This is an indication that businesses are becoming tech-savvy and shifting their operations to cloud computing to serve their customers efficiently.
Cloud computing is a self-provisioning and elastic system that enables users to call services on demand. This makes it far much cheaper and an operational expense as opposed to the traditional on-premise systems that incur a high initial capital. Similarly, customers do not have to pay for software licenses, network infrastructure, and servers upfront. For developers and IT professionals, competence in cloud technology is a must-have skill if their services have to remain relevant in the technology space.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a leading cloud service platform with several functionalities and the largest customer base compared to other cloud services providers. If you want to get AWS certification, you are on the right track of validating your cloud expertise with the leading industry-recognized credential.
According to Simplilearn, the requirements for taking this certification training are simple, you only need the basics of computers and networking. AWS has many more features than any other cloud provider from infrastructure technologies like computing and databases, to emerging technologies like AI and machine learning. Moreover, this adaptive system allows companies to access software, storage, and other IT infrastructure without the responsibility of upgrading them.
What is AWS
AWS is an easy-to-use computing platform owned by Amazon. It is the leading cloud services provider that has managed the widest adoption across the globe. From when it was launched in 2006, AWS has grown to offer a wide range of cloud-based services including storage, database, mobile development tools, analytics, enterprise applications, networking on a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
It offers services in Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), and Software as a service (SaaS) categories.
AWS offers about 175 services with supporting data centers spread across various parts of the world. It has millions of customers drawn from government agencies, largest corporations, and growing startups who use AWS to take advantage of reduced cost, agility, and fast innovations. To ensure you are only getting the AWS services your company needs, use a company like Parquantix to create a customized service plan for you. That way you aren’t overpaying for AWS services that you aren’t using.
Top AWS certifications
AWS is not only an industry leader in cloud technology but its certifications are also globally recognized. Lack of cloud expertise was identified as a top challenge in cloud adoption bottlenecks by 25% of corporations to mean that there is still a shortage of AWS certified professionals. On the flip side, certified professionals have a reason to smile because they command high packages. For instance, an AWS certified solution Architect earns an average annual salary of $125,091.
- AWS Certifications are highly recommended if you are keen on establishing your status as an expert in the cloud computing ecosystem. You can enroll, depending on your qualifications, on one of the following 11 AWS certification qualifications.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. This certification provides an overview of the AWS cloud and is a good starting point for anyone wishing to start his/her AWS career journey.
- AWS Certified Developer-Associate. Best for IT professionals who have been in development for about a year. This certification equips you with the skills required to develop and maintain AWS based apps.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator-Associate. The basic requirements for this certification are having experience of between one and two years working in system administration and operations. This certification offers the competence needed to manage and operate AWS.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect- Associates. This certification is for you if you have been working as a solution architect for more than one year. The training will build your skills to create cost-effective and fault-tolerant systems on the AWS platform. You will be expected to offer solutions that are highly scalable and available.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer-Professional. This is for people who have more than 2 years of experience as a DevOps engineer operating and managing the AWS environment. This certification is a more specific credential into software development and lifecycle from an agile perspective.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect- Professional. For you to qualify for this certification, you need to have 1 + years of experience in the AWS management system and operations. This certification is recommended after taking the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification.
- AWS Certified Big Data- Specialty. This certification is intended for professionals who are interested in gaining skills to run complex Big Data analysis. The Qualification for this certification is a minimum of two years of experience using AWS.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking-Specialty. A recommended certification for professionals involved in complex networking tasks.
- AWS Certified Security- Specialty. This certification is securing workloads in the AWS environment.
- AWS Certified Alexa Skills Builder-Specialty. This is the top certification for validating your skills in building, testing, and publishing Amazon’s Alexa.
- AWS Certified Machine Learning-Specialty. This is the certification for systems developers and other data science professionals. It is an indication of the ability to design, deploy, and maintain machine learning solutions.
Why get AWS certified?
Having AWS certification is a great achievement. The training experienced on the way to being certified is invaluable. It enables you to learn and acquire new skills and have an in-depth understanding of the AWS platform. By being exposed to the best industry principles and practices, you become an asset to your employer and to the clients you serve.
AWS not only looks good on your CV but is also a great boost to the salary rates you attract. A salary survey that was done shows that 70% of professionals reported a 20% increase in their salary after earning their AWS certification. AWS certified professionals earning an average annual income of $113,932, which is a good motivation to get AWS certified.
Here are other reasons why you should consider AWS certifications
- AWS is a leading cloud technology provider in almost all aspects. According to Gartner, AWS cloud services are ten times greater than their fellow competitors combined. This includes Google cloud and Azure platforms. The AWS platform offers great support to IT specialists like web developers, system administrators, Big Data Analysts, and database admin AI developers among others.
- AWS certification is feasible compared to other vendors. Amazon offers convenient certification paths for most people on a hierarchical basis. There are associate tiers for beginners, professional tiers, as well as specialty tiers. While a common approach is to start with earning an associate certificate to familiarize yourself with the AWS ecosystem, each certification is tailored to build on your previous qualifications and practice experiences.
- Industry statistics show that cloud technology is the future Based on a 2018 force survey, 83% of enterprise workloads would have moved to the cloud by 2020. IT professionals should consider arming themselves with cloud computing skills to remain relevant especially to organizations that have shifted or are considering shifting their operations to the cloud.
- AWS has fulfilling career paths that lead to the highest level of expertise. Once you have started on your first certifications, you have various career path options for professional and specialty certifications in areas of security and networking. This learning track keeps your skills sharp and engaged in new areas.
- AWS certification is a sure demonstration of your credibility and expertise to clients.
Credibility is vital when you are in a role in which you have to win the trust of your customers in implementing AWS related technology. New customers often want assurances that they are dealing with an expert and a certification will demonstrate your competence.