Ways to Apply for a Family Sponsored Visa in the US

Image source: unsplash.com

Does your family member reside in the United States? Have you ever wondered what the steps you must take to reunite with your loved ones? This article will provide you knowledge about how you can receive a Family Sponsored Visa to enter and reside in the country.

Doing your research is a vital part of assisting you in uniting with your loved ones. Tons of websites will help you achieve your visa. Just click here if you want an expert lawyer to guide you.

The Fiance Visa

If you are the fiance of a lawful citizen of the United States, and you want to live with them inside the country. You can enter through the K1 visa or commonly known as the Fiance Visa.

Even though both of you were born in different countries, you can still live and spend your life with them in the same country, if that is part of your plan. To acquire the visa, you must take essential steps, such as filing of the Form I-129f.

Getting any visa is a lengthy procedure; you must be strict in following the steps. Pay attention to the details. Many sites provide information to process data about the K1, so make sure to visit them if you want to know more about it.

Note that once you are inside the United States, you will have to marry your fiance within three months. If you fail to comply with that, then you will face the ramifications. If you are done with the filing, we advise you to plan your wedding.

To increase your chances of being approved by the assigned immigration officer to you, you must present forms that will certify your relationship with your partner. You can show travel tickets and pictures to verify that you two have been together for quite some time.

You and the fiance should be lawfully allowed to marry. If you or your partner had a previous marriage, either of you must be divorced from your former partners. Prepare and provide your divorce documents into the list of papers that you are going to give to the embassy.

The K2 Visa

There are instances that your fiance already has a child. They are allowed to reside in the country to the K2 visa.

Keep in mind that this is a separate one that you have to provide for your child. Applicants should be minors under 21 and are not married.

Forms that will certify that the applicant is related to the spouse will help you in showing your genuineness. Prepare birth certificates and include them in the requirements you are going to submit.

Here you can read more about spouse visas: https://www.daniellecohenimmigration.com/appendix-fm/fiancee-or-proposed-civil-partner/

Marriage Visa

If you are already married to your partner before you can enter the country, you can still reside with them through the Marriage Visas. K3 visas used to be popular with spouses of U.S. citizens. However, due to the changes implemented, people opt for IR1 or the CR1 visa.

If you’ve been with your partner in less than 24 months, you can apply for the CR. It’s commonly known as the Conditional Resident visa. Since CR1 is an immigrant visa, approved applicants are entitled to obtain a green card. If they gain their permanent residency status, they can start looking for jobs and start their career.

If you have been with your spouse for more than 24 months, your U.S. citizen spouse can petition your entry through the IR1. IR1 and CR1 are almost similar; the only dissimilarity they have are holders of IR1 who have unconditional permanent residency and can start working right away.

To obtain either type of visa, applicants must comply with the requirements. Submit evidence of the marriage. If you or your partner have previous relationships before, divorce papers are also needed.

Immediate Relative

Immediate Relative visas or the IR are for close family members of the U.S. citizen. IR1 is under this category. Children or parents of the legal petitioner can also acquire a visa through this.

The good thing about this type of visa is that there are no limitations in the number of people who can apply for it. You won’t have to worry about waiting for another year once the quota is reached.

To qualify, prepare the needed papers. Provide certificates that will serve as proof of your relationship with the petitioner.

Family-Sponsored Preference

This type of visa is reserved for distant family members of the petitioner. There are four subcategories for the family preference; F1, F2, F3, and F4. The U.S. petitioner can choose between those four, which fits them the most.

Unlike the IR visa, this type is limited. There is a limitation as to how many petitions can be filed within a year. We advise you that if you have to be quick to prepare your documents and file the request, you won’t have to sit around and wait for another year if the limit is reached.

Prepare the needed documents. Provide much evidence so the immigration officer will easily trust you.

Living with your loved ones shouldn’t seem like some far-fetched idea. Now that you are aware of the many ways you can use to enter the United States, you should prepare yourself for the long, complicated, but worth it process. Invest your time and a considerable amount of money to obtain an immigrant visa.

Assess your current situation and identify which visa will benefit you the most. Do a lot of research; you should have enough knowledge to know the complicated process of obtaining a visa.