The JEE Main exam is right around the corner, and you are in the last round of your preparation. This is the exam that will get you the chance to be in one of the top institutes of the country, and act as the first stage to a glorious career. Thus, your worries and nervousness before the exam is understandable. So, today we have a few subject-wise preparation tips that should help you in easing out your worries to some extent. Read on!
Maths is the subject that will need both problem-solving and theoretical skills. If you want to excel in JEE Main, you will have to be brilliant at both and Extramarks can help you with them. The first thing you need to do is to develop a complete understanding of theory and apply that to solve different problems.
Also, remember that the only way to be a master at maths and gain more fluency is through regular practice. Get yourself an entire set of practice questions and previous years’ papers to start practicing.
Physics is the subject that needs a clear understanding of concepts and its application in different real-world scenarios. It also involves solving various math problems. In this case, you need to have a clear idea of the core concepts, instead of simply rote learning it all.
In order to be better at physics, pay equal attention to the theories and their application through various maths problems.
Your JEE main preparation also needs to pay equal attention to chemistry. This subject involves studying loads of reactions, along with their equations and mechanisms.
Moreover, you need to be thorough and familiar with each of the diagrams, symbols, and names when you learn chemistry for your exam. Generally, the NCERT books offer sufficient material to prepare for JEE Main. But you can also get additional help from the online study resources.
The top six general tips to excel in JEE Main
Apart from keeping up with the preparation in all the three subjects mentioned above, you also need to remember these general tips for JEE Main.
- Spend more of your time on the parts where you are not strong. You need to remain updated by practicing regularly – only then, you’ll be able to grasp the concept.
- Do not skip any chapter simply because you feel it is unnecessary or not up your alley.
- You cannot open the book to look for one formula or one equation every time. So, create small notes of concepts, equations, formulas, and important theorems.
- Remember that self-evaluation is a prerequisite for progress.
- Remain motivated and keep a positive mindset
- Remain fit and healthy both physically and mentally. Also, rest well, eat good food, and eliminate all stress by involving yourself in different fun activities.
JEE Main: When Should You Start Preparing?
Experts believe that all the JEE Main aspirants must begin their preparation for the examination as soon as possible. For instance, it will be an excellent way to practice when the students prepare themselves and the board exam. This will enable the candidates to start over the way ahead of their competitors. They will get the opportunity to know all the concepts properly when they are educated at school.
But there are many aspirants out there who can ace the JEE Main examination within just a few months of preparation. This shows that preparing for the JEE Main depends heavily on a candidate’s dedication, ability, and sound preparation plan.
On the other hand, the first question that pops up in every aspirant’s mind is “how much study or how long to study?”. But to be honest, the candidates will not know the answer to this question unless and until they start studying. It will be an excellent idea to develop a clear concept before they begin. Once he/she knows how to learn, they can start their preparation with the syllabus and move towards the mock test area.
How To Conduct Analysis For JEE Main Exams?
When it comes to analyzing the JEE Main examinations, students should look at the exam analysis of JEE for the previous years. These are essential elements of the JEE Main examination tips. On the other hand, the analysis will provide all the aspirants with a proper understanding of the questions and topics that carry a lot more weight. They gain an excellent knowledge of each topic and a detailed analysis of the last examination.
Essential Facts To Know About JEE Main Examinations
There are some essential facts that you should know about the JEE Main Exam right before you opt for it. Look below!
- JEE or Joint Entrance Exam is a national-level engineering examination consisting of two papers, JEE Advanced and JEE Main. Out of the two papers, JEE Main is an entry-level examination, and it’s the least difficult one.
- The score of JEE Main is accepted by institutes like IIITs, NITs, and various other prestigious colleges in India. After you complete the JEE Main, you can move forward with the JEE Advance.
- The Paper 1 of JEE Main will be conducted, through the online method, which three crucial subjects, such as Physics, Math, and Chemistry for 3 hours.
- The paper consists of 75 questions where each subject contains 25 questions each. Of the 75 questions, 60 will be MCQ or Multiple-Choice Questions, and the remaining 15 will carry numerical values as the answer.
- For all the right MCQ-type questions, students will receive +4 marks, and for each wrong answer, it will be -1. Marks will not get deducted for all the un-attempt questions.
- The total marks for the JEE Main paper 1 are 300.
How To Crack The JEE Main Exams?
There are several ways through which you can easily crack the JEE Main examination. Check the information below.
- Opt for NCERT books for the JEE Main exam as they will provide you with a firm grounding of concepts and are the best books for preparation.
- Make sure to have a curious mind. Having a question concept will help widen your understanding and help you solve twisted or complicated questions.
- Revise wisely. Go through all the chapters thoroughly but don’t spend 2 hours to 3 hours revising.
The important thing is to give equal attention to all the three subjects, while dedicating extra time for your weaker areas. Keep calm and sit for the exam, and trust your abilities to excel in it.