Every day of ours begins and ends with the bathroom. Therefore, the successful design of this room, complete with high-quality plumbing and furniture – are important factors that create maximum comfort, and a cozy atmosphere. You can visualize it with https://www.roomplannerapp.com/blog .
If you choose the design of the bathroom, be sure to take into account the individual characteristics of the room, the total area, the presence of windows, as well as your wishes and advice from qualified professionals.
The interior design of the bathroom is offered in various styles – it all depends on the taste and budget of the customer. Your bathroom can get any look with the help of experienced designers. Fashion trends, classic options – all this can be realized on a professional level. According to all your preferences, the optimal colors will be used for surface treatment, selecting appropriate furniture, plumbing fixtures, and accessories.
If it will be the decor and design of the bathroom with a large area, then the usual bathroom will easily turn into a full-fledged spa. When creating an interior design for small rooms, the best solutions will be used to conveniently place the necessary plumbing elements and furniture, as well as to visually expand a small space due to the color scheme, combination of textures, and choice of lighting.
Before ordering a bathroom design, you should decide on the following:
- in what style and color do you want to see this room;
- how many people will use the bathroom every day (adults, children);
- whether it is a separate bathroom or a combined bathroom;
- what furniture and appliances are needed for ideal convenience;
- what finishing materials do you prefer.
When choosing a modern bathroom design, pay attention to the following features of this style: the most advantageous use of zoning and functional division of space; the color scheme is chosen to harmonize with the interior; to expand the free space, plumbing is built into the walls, and built-in furniture (wall-hung toilets and sinks, corner whirlpool baths, compact showers, bidets, washing machines, built-in cabinets, etc.) are used.
What Are the Bathroom Design Options?
Various trends are popular – minimalism, oriental style, classic, loft, Scandinavian style, modern, and high-tech. The main thing is to realize the customer’s dream that the room corresponds to the way of life, and individual taste and becomes a convenient place to get a charge of vitality in the morning and relaxation in the evening.
If the Bathroom Is Compatible with the Toilet
Sometimes a bathroom with a toilet is intentionally combined to expand the overall space. Advantageous planning options are:
- installation of a bathroom in width and an arrangement of the built-in furniture along one wall;
- compensating for the lack of space due to the installation of a large mirror;
- use of light colors.
Installing a corner bath saves space, and allows you to install a washing machine in the room. If the room is small, the bath in the corner replaces the shower or rectangular oval bath. You can choose a three-dimensional corner bath of oval, square or curved shape.
The interior of the small bathroom can be done in light colors to expand the space. The use of a shower cabin is an increase in functionality and, with constant care, the absence of fungus on the walls. You can choose a shower cabin of any shape – angular or rectangular, and make it the central focus of the interior. As a bonus – a significant increase in space for furniture, and accessories.
Colors and Designer Finishing of Surfaces for the Bathroom
Modern bathroom design is a set of options that can turn all your whims into practice. The following versions of the color palette are most commonly used:
- white – a classic and win-win version of white in the interior for large or small spaces;
- black – a noble color that is suitable for reproducing luxurious interiors in large areas (if you choose black for a small bathroom, this mistake will significantly reduce the space);
- red – a vigorous and energetic color that meets the tastes of an active and purposeful person;
- yellow, and orange – sunny colors of happiness that improve mood, and fill with energy for the whole day;
- brown – fashionable range with many interesting shades – wedge, chocolate, terracotta, brick;
- blue – the palette of blue colors soothes and creates a cozy atmosphere for relaxation, and rest.
When choosing the future interior of the bathroom, you should pay much attention to the materials for finishing surfaces. The following factors must be taken into account:
- Excessive humidity and constant condensation contribute to the appearance of fungus, and mold. Finishing materials must have increased resistance to moisture, and temperature changes.
- The floor should be made of non-slip materials to ensure the comfort, and safety of the owner when using the bathroom.
Also do not skimp on such elements as metal elements of furniture, plumbing, and accessories. They must be made of high-quality corrosion-resistant alloys.
What Materials Can Be Used to Decorate the Walls in the Bathroom?
The following options are popular:
- ceramic tile;
- natural or artificial stone;
- waterproof PVC panels that mimic different textures (wood, stone, brick, tile, leather);
- wood treated with special protective compounds and resistant to water, fungus, and high temperatures (oak, cedar, beech, larch, etc.);
- paint with special properties (acrylic, latex, silicone, silicate);
- easy-to-clean decorative plaster can have any color or different texture;
- metal – usually used in combination with wood, and stone, it is moisture resistant, fireproof, durable, and strong.
Also, shockproof glass is an ideal option for reproducing modern styles in the interior, glass surfaces can be transparent, with photo printing, monochrome or multicolored, glossy, matte, and embossed.
To make the designer interior of the bathroom in the apartment the most comfortable, you should choose the right lighting, using:
- ceiling spotlights;
- wall sconces;
- LED strips for illuminating surfaces, and furniture;
- lamps near mirrors.
It is necessary to avoid common mistakes:
- one point of illumination is always not enough for comfortable use of a bathroom;
- if the shower cabin with a curtain or opaque door, the light must be provided inside;
- installing spotlights over the bath can be harmful to the eyes;
- if the lighting is mounted on the ceiling directly above the mirror, the lamps cast shadows on the face, making it difficult to apply or wash off makeup, or shave.