Whenever you are looking for smartphones, the first name that comes to your mind got to be Samsung or Apple. But, for enjoying Android-based features well, Samsung is always taking the first cake. TCL has been a name associated with TVs more than ever. So, people will not necessarily think about this brand when trying to purchase a smartphone. However, researching online will help you to know that much like Samsung; TCL is heading towards the top with its latest smartphone models.
Samsung has proudly known for its Galaxy A series, with so many model options. Right now, the market is on fire with the latest Samsung Galaxy A71 model. To compete against this marketing giant, TCL came with its 10 Pro option as well. Now the biggest confusion remains with the buyers. Which one will they buy? Will they head for the Samsung model or TCL 10 Pro? The best way to find the answer is by going through both these models, check out their features, compare between them, and then make a purchase.
Some general differences to work on:
TCL 10 pro is known for its Android OS, 10 version and the Samsung model uses Android 10 as its operating system. It even has a custom UI under Samsung One UI 2.0. Both these devices are Phablet and come with Dual SIM. You can get the TCL model in two different colors, which are green and grey. Then you have the Samsung model in three different colors, which are silver, black, and blue.
- The TCL model is known to house a dimension of 158.5 x 72.4 x 9.2 mm and then you have the Samsung one at 162.6 x 75.5 x 8.1 mm. In terms of weight, the TCL one will weigh at around 177g, and then you have the Samsung one at 185g. So, the TCL model is light in weight for sure.
- In terms of screen size, the Samsung one is a bit bigger in size. It will be at 6.7 inches, where else, the screen size of TCL is at 6.47 inches. Both of them have Touched as their form factor. The resolution of the TCL model will be at 1080 x 2340 pixels with a 19.5.9 ratio. Then for the Samsung phone, the resolution lies at 1080 x 2400 pixels.
- Both these phones are known to have capacitive touchscreens. In terms of display technology and type, the TCL Pro version has an AMOLED screen, and Samsung has Super AMOLED one.
Differences in the processor, storage, and more:
The chipset of TCL one is Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, and then you have Samsung Exynos 980 for the Samsung A71 model. But, this is not the only difference to watch out for. Going through the phones will help you to find some other differences in these phones too.
- The CPU of TCL Pro is Octa-core and the one for Samsung in octa Core 2.2GHz. The GPU of the TCL model is Adreno 612, and then you have Mali-G76 MP5 for the Samsung model.
- Both the phones have 128GB of storage value and with 6GB RAM. However, the Samsung model will have extended Ram up to 1TB, which is hard to find with the TCL one.
- Then these phones have microSD card slots and unlimited phonebook capacity. You can message through TCL, and the Samsung model has segmented its messaging sector under Push Mail, Email, SMS, MMS, RSS, and IM.
- In terms of call records, both TCL Pro 10 and Samsung Galaxy A71 have an unlimited option.
The camera quality to watch out for:
People always have a soft corner towards the camera of the smartphone before they can finally head for the best product in town. So, before you make a decision between these phones, it is vital to check out the camera quality of them all.
- The primary camera of the TCL model is of 64MP + 16MP + 5 MP + 2MP. So, you have some valid options in-store. Now for the Samsung one, you have 64 MP (f/1.8, main) + 12 MP (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 5 MP (f/2.2, macro) + 5 MP quad cameras. The extra feature with it is the LED Flash.
- The front camera of the TCL model is 24MP and 32MP is the one for the Samsung model. In the case of features, TCL will have panorama, HDR, and PDAF. Then you have the Samsung model with only HDR and Panorama.
Going for the multimedia differences:
If you are looking for the multimedia section, then you will find quite some differences between the TCL and Samsung products.
For the audio player, TCL has MP3, WAV, eAAC+ as its options. Then you have WAV, AAC+, AC3, OGG, FLAC, WMA, MP3, AMR, AAC, and eAAC+ under the Samsung model.
In terms of the video player section, you will have MP4, H.263, H.264 from the TCL model. In terms of Samsung one, the video player divisions are 3GP, ASF, M4V, H.263, H.264, MKV, MPEG4.
Both these models will have games and speakers, in-built with the model. Even the Audio jack remains the same for both the models at 3.5mm Audio jack.
Get down to the battery:
TCL model is known to have a Li-Ion battery of 4500mAh. And you have the same Li-Ion battery o 5000 mAh for the Samsung model. But you cannot remove the battery of the Samsung model. Moreover, the TCL Pro 10 will have a compass, gyro, proximity, accelerometer, and a fingerprint sensor as some of the extra features involved within. Everything remains the same as the Samsung model, with only one difference in the sensor. Unlike the fingerprint sensor, the Samsung model will have an in-display fingerprint sensor.
To top it all, TCL has 18W quick charging, and then you have 25W quick charging for the Samsung Galaxy A71 model.
Choose whichever one you want:
If you run down through the differences, it is not hard to state that the features of both these models will be more or less the same. But, for an affordable price, Samsung can never beat TCL.